The Story Behind The Country Poems

The PonyMan's Country Poems were written in between 1996 and 2002. Inititally intended to be lyrics for country music. Now the story behind the songs make for interesting reading for anyone who has suffered from a broken heart.

Name:
Location: Newport News, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Country Poems© come back to life.

It started in January of 1996, just before the breakup of my second marriage. Having been a country music fan since 1992, I found myself writing a letter to my son who was then just shy of five years old. It turned into what I thought were fairly personal, but pretty good attempts at country music lyrics even though I had no previous experience in songwriting.

Looking back on it now, it was therapy for a broken heart, a kind of diary of a broken man. It took me quite a while to get past it all. At one point, past the healing, I wrote one of my last Country Poems©, just after I read it and played the music I wrote for it to my mom, she passed away. I made one more attempt after that, but so much has happened, that I've lived it instead of written about it.

So now, realizing that Nashville isn't knocking down my door, I'd finally get to put these out into the Blog world and tell how I came to write them all. Not for Nashville to notice, but for you. Because I believe that you may go through something like this or you may go through it. Reading what I've gone through can either prepare you for it, or help you realize that you are/were not the only one.

To date one of them has "made it big". When I get to that, I'll give it the credit it's due.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home