The Story Behind The Country Poems

The PonyMan's Country Poems were written in between 1996 and 2002. Inititally intended to be lyrics for country music. Now the story behind the songs make for interesting reading for anyone who has suffered from a broken heart.

Name:
Location: Newport News, Virginia, United States

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Story Behind Country Poem #3: Better, But Apart

Most of these early poems were written while I was still with my ex-wife and children. I was still driving cabs for 12 hours each night from 6 to 6. Knowing that the end of the marriage was near, as I sat in my lonely cab, during those slow wee hours of the night, some realizations came to me. Even though we weren't actually apart at the time, in an emotional sense, we were, and had been miles apart from each other. I tried to express that in this poem. As I recall, this one was penned at near 3:30am in the parking lot on the east side of Red Bank behind the shops that lined Broad St.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home