The Story Behind The Country Poems

The PonyMan's Country Poems were written in between 1996 and 2002. Inititally intended to be lyrics for country music. Now the story behind the songs make for interesting reading for anyone who has suffered from a broken heart.

Name:
Location: Newport News, Virginia, United States

Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Story Behind Country Poem #7: In The Deepest Part Of The Night

This is the one that was scooped up by Clark Ried, a New Zeland country music artist who put his music to my words.

I wrote this poem after waking up one night and seeing my ex-wife asleep. At this point there was a sure realization that soon I'd not have her in my life anymore, so I did a bit of reminiscing by looking into the future back at the past.

This was a time of unusual helplessness for me. I knew that the train wreck was coming, and there I stood on the tracks. Everything I could think of to change things came up with no answers. So all I could do was write it from a point of veiw that it was already over, because in a lot of ways, it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home