The Story Behind The Country Poems

The PonyMan's Country Poems were written in between 1996 and 2002. Inititally intended to be lyrics for country music. Now the story behind the songs make for interesting reading for anyone who has suffered from a broken heart.

Name:
Location: Newport News, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Story Behind: Country Poems #5 When I Turned Country, You Turned Away

I can't say as I should blame it on the babysitter, but as I look back on it, the reception for Maureen's wedding was the start of it all. Specifically, seeing the women dance to the Achey Breaky, I thought to myself, "I could begin to like this kind of music!" As the years went on my appreciation for country grew and grew. Not because of the way the women danced to it, but because the music and lyrics seemed to grab you by the heart, and they were, for the most part, clearly understood.

So, my intent here was to kind of celebrate the various styles of country while at the same time laying blame for my broken marriage on something else other than me. Of course, country music seems to have survived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home