The Story Behind The Country Poems

The PonyMan's Country Poems were written in between 1996 and 2002. Inititally intended to be lyrics for country music. Now the story behind the songs make for interesting reading for anyone who has suffered from a broken heart.

Name:
Location: Newport News, Virginia, United States

Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Story Behind Country Poem #8: Pullin' Out My Pockets

I guess I should have seen it. I was her second husband. She made him out to be some real evil guy. The truth is he did have a dirinking problem, and once he got past that, he was quite a nice guy.

However, like I am now, he was garnished for child support. Back then it was 100 bucks he was paying for 3 children. Now granted the money did help, but what disturbed me is that it was usually cashed at the little store by our house and the first purchase was usually a 12 pack of beer. And I don't drink.

Now that I'm paying through a garnishment, I can only imagine how bad it is. I know that I heard that the kids never really saw any of the money. But that doesn't suprise me.

So when I wrote this poem, I was explaining that I just don't have the money she thought I had. I struggle to give what I give and at one point I thought not having enough meant it was money she was after. At another point I thought it was the emotional connection. Maybe it was both, but when pushed to the extremes, it is simply not possible to supply it all. In a lot of ways, I'm still a broken man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home