The Story Behind The Country Poems

The PonyMan's Country Poems were written in between 1996 and 2002. Inititally intended to be lyrics for country music. Now the story behind the songs make for interesting reading for anyone who has suffered from a broken heart.

Name:
Location: Newport News, Virginia, United States

Monday, September 19, 2005

The Story Behind Country Poem #9: I've Lost The Touch

The more things went on, the closer it came to the end, the more I tried to speak my thoughts to whomever was available to listen. Since I was once a disc jockey, I usually felt more comfortable speaking with radio personalities. The woman who was the talk show host in this case was once on NJ 101.5 FM. I can't quite remember her name, since we are talking about 9 years ago as I write this.
The point is, when there was no one else to vent to, I vented to who would listen. I guess I felt like I was at the point where I couldn't really say what I needed to say to my ex-wife, and I needed to say it to someone. If it flopped to a stranger, it was sure to not go over with the ex. The other part of my thinking was that I knew by this point that it was really over, and I just needed to share my story with a stranger, a woman, who could either confirm the end or show me the way to get things patched up.
Then I decided to put the experience into a song. Again, no music came to me while writing it, I just tried to keep the words close enough to rhyme so when someone would come along with the music, it would make sense. That's what I hoped for all these country poems. Without the musical knowledge, but with wanting them to be songs, I thought I'd just do the part I knew, and hoped the right musician would find their way to my lyrics. That is still my hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home