The Story Behind The Country Poems

The PonyMan's Country Poems were written in between 1996 and 2002. Inititally intended to be lyrics for country music. Now the story behind the songs make for interesting reading for anyone who has suffered from a broken heart.

Name:
Location: Newport News, Virginia, United States

Monday, October 17, 2005

The Story Behind: Country Poem #10 Angel On My Soulder

This was an actual occurance. As a cab driver in Red Bank, NJ late one night I picked up a very attractive auburn haired woman. She had eyes that looked into your soul. Some of the mysterious things that she talked about led me to believe she knew a lot about the occult, the supernatural, etc.
I was taken by her beauty and intrigued by her conversation. When she told me there was an angel on my shoulder, someone that I knew, my mind raced as I listened, to see if I could come up with just who the angel is. To this day I can't figure out who it might be.
So, like a teenager faced with a chance encounter with a centerfold, I froze. I didn't say much because I figured there was nothing I could do to impress her enough for it to get me anywhere. There have been similar experiences that I've had in my life. Not always concerning love, but in other areas, where I just assumed that I was just not good enough to be in the same company of someone I wanted to be like. Or be with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home